Wednesday, October 20, 2010

stay gold

I came across my journal from 2008: my final year of high school and my post grad year. I was smoking weed like a fiend at this time in my life, so theres copious amounts of writing in this thing. I mean, copious. Page after page of letters and ramblings, scribblings of Dylan lyrics (ohhh how cliche of mee) and plans about my future.
About halfway through the notebook is a list I made called "To Do in 2009". I remember making this list because I was having a particularly thoughtful night and was really stoked on life. I vowed that I would do everything on the list, so i tried to make the goals achievable and realistic (but fun also, of couuurse).

Here is the list, and here is what I accomplished:
-Get into Uni or College [check]
-Actually attend Uni or College [check and check]
-Go to more concerts since you haven't been to one in a year [check]
-Drink less, blaze more [hahaha, sums up my attitude in 2008]
-Go blonder [check]
-Stop using the computer so much [....]
-Go on a vacation
-Find a good guy to date. A nice one who actually treats you well. Seriously. [...]
-Read this Jack Kerouac fellow and figure out what he's all about [check]
-Stop eating like shit [LOL]
-Stop overanalyzing shit [LOL]
-Have mad parties at cottage with all your friends [check!]
-Buy a puppy [never. I was high.]
-Write every day [check]
-Meet one of your idols
-Learn to play guitar
-Learn to save money [check kinda]
-Stop worrying and just live life [I like this]

I always like coming across things like this. Not only is it nice to compare, but it's nice to see what things have changed about me and what things haven't. After reading this list, I'm happy to say I think I've changed for the better.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment