Wednesday, November 24, 2010

satellite of love

Is it cliche to say I'm stuck in a rutt at this time of year?
My thoughts are: probably.
I know it's a stressful time for all my fellow Unversians--thats no secret. I'm being complained to just as much as I'm complaining to others and the exhausted, I'm-longing-to-go-to-the-bar-tonight-and-not-write-that-paper look that 75% of campus is sporting these days is a dead giveaway. But it's insanely unfair and unjust, don't ya think, for one of the most stressful times of year to be occurring as we make our way into hell (aka winter)? It's not enough that we have to deal with the terrible cold and dreary days, but now we can't even distract ourselves from them with our social lives because we're stuck in our rooms or--better yet, my favourite place--the library. The good ol library. My second home.

I get highly effected by times of the year like this, and I start to become really anxious and bored with my daily routine. And since this routine for the past 3 weeks has been wake up, go to class, go to library, come home late, watch TV, sleep, repeat..it's obvious how one can become easily bored. But it still blows.
This little rutt of mine leads to me doing a whole lotta thinking. My brain is already working at 2x it's usual rate from all the researching and writing, so why not expand it even more by reevaluating my life for the millionth time? Yeah. So. I've been in this mode where I've been looking at all aspects of my life and figuring out what I'm happy with, what I'm unhappy with, and what I'm just completely, 100% not sure about. And it's kind of ironic, don't you think, because all the thinking is adding on this unnecessary stress and digging my rutt deeper. Oh my oh my oh my.

Anyway, yes. That is what is up with my life right now. I'm stressed and I'm thinking a lot. Oh my god Sarah, really?? You've neverr been like this before (sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm)!!!

BUT on a wonderful, bright, and shiny note, I'm so happy that Christmas is coming up. Call me a lame-o, but the holidays make me beyond giddy. Once the lights start going up and the Christmas carols come around in full force, I'm 8 years old again and everything is magical and perfect.
Because of my busy schedule, I haven't had much time to focus on Christmas YET, but once I'm out of my rutt in a couple of weeks, I'll be in the celebrating mode. And the gift giving mode (with the little money I have...). The best part of the season.

I'll be posting my own Christmas wish list on this thing soon. It's a wish list, so it's not practical. All I really want and hope for this Christmas is grocery store gift cards and a durable winter coat so I don't freeze to death on my walk to and from school. Ohhh the weather outside is frightful..

No comments:

Post a Comment