Thursday, December 2, 2010

huckleberry finn and holden caulfield

Thursday nights in make me feel like I'm doing something wrong.
I don't have class Fridays, so when I don't spend my Thursdays having fun with my friends it's just like those weekend nights when you stay in watching movies. You know you don't want to be out, but a part of you is kinda like "you're being lame".
Yeah.
I spent my night watching terrible free Movie Network movies with my roommate and trying (and failing) to read what I have left of Huck Finn.
I've been enjoying Huck Finn, actually (don't worry I'm not gunna book review it). I seem to have some sort of weird attraction to books with relatively no morals or character development within them. I mean, look at my obsession with Catcher in the Rye. I've read a book 7 times about a guy who literally spends 200 pages aimlessly walking around, complaining about his life, and calling everyone phoneys. He doesn't learn any lessons and doesn't give two shits. Yet I love him.
And now Huck Finn isn't learning any lessons and doesn't seem to give two shits either.
I don't know how I feel about him though.. my feelings are neutral right now.

I don't think most people care hehe. I don't usually blog about literature but the sickness may be starting. I'm switching over to an English major next year, so I'm assuming reading "classic" novels will take up the majority of my life, meaning it will probably be blogged about more and more ("Oh Sarah I'm sooooo stoked").

I suck tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment