Monday, December 6, 2010

stranded

I'm sitting at home--home home-- wondering why I don't check the weather more often.
I opted to drive home this Saturday because my family was going Christmas tree hunting/decorating and, since I'm lame, I really wanted to be involved. So I drove the 1.5 hour drive home with the plan to return to London on Monday.
However, when I woke up this morning I was informed that London has been covered with a ridiculous amount of snow. Everything is closed down (including school) and driving is ridiculous. And it's NOT SUPPOSED TO LET UP ANYTIME SOON.

And here's the thing: I'm down for snow days and it's wonderful that school is cancelled. But all of my exam studying materials and clothes are in London, and apparently I will not be able to get back there anytime soon.
So here I sit, at home, anxiously waiting for The Weather Network to inform me that the snow is finally slowing down.

I keep forgetting winters here and I actually have to keep an eye on the weather before I set out on journeys.
Fock.

Also, I may or may not be a little jealous that my roommates get to play in the snow without me.
God damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment