Wednesday, December 1, 2010

shakin' all over

My nightly caffeine habit needs to be kicked.
I'm sitting in my room with a Starbucks cup in my hand, tapping my feet wildly and trying to think of fun things I can do to get my buzz to wear off faster.
I think...I think this is because I seemed to be under the impression that I was in some way immune to caffeine and its uppity effects on ones body. I really did believe that, you know. For a long time.
I used to drink a really gross amount of caffeine in high school. After my morning coffee I'd purchase a 4 pack of Red Bull, down that by 1, and burn through about 3 more coffees before dinner. It was a bit troubling, especially because I did it because I thought I needed energy, but after a couple months of the habit I felt zero effect from all the shitty I was pumping into my bod.
For someone who doesn't really have an addictive personality, caffeine got to me.
Anyway, I kinda just fell out of habit and stopped drinking so much caffeine by the time I hit grade 12, but my body's resistance to react to caffeine never seemed to really leave me. I still drank 2-3 cups of coffee a day, but it was all for comfort and out of routine...never for energy. It never made me feel awake. And that is why I always made myself a cup of tea before bed, and still do to this day. I could have a delicious hot drink and pass out 5 minutes after.
But GUESS WHAT.
The past few weeks of drinking tea before bed and, really, just drinking caffeine in general has proven that my body misses the caffeine effects and has bestowed them back upon me. I can now drink my cup of coffee before class and actually have the energy to walk my ass there, and get the jitters after my large Timmies regular (om nom nom nom).
And with knowing this, you'd think I'd be able to stop making and buying teas before bedtime. But nope, apparently I cannot.

....Well, thats all. I just needed to type something.

Goodnight :)

PS- Me right now:

No comments:

Post a Comment