Sunday, February 27, 2011

going to california

I have the overwhelming desire to move to LA and become an actress right now.
As I lay in my bed, staring outside at the black night sky of this cold and grey city I live in, I'm feeling a twinge of jealously towards all those beautiful people I just spent 5 and a half hours swooning over on the Oscars.
That shows makes you pretty pathetic, really. My roommates and I turned on the pre-show at 6:30 and didn't peel ourselves from the couches until the closing monologue at midnight. I mean..really?
It's okay though. Like I said, it made me want to move to LA and pursue acting. I get this feeling every time I watch the awards--not that I would ever pursue it since I am a really bad actress who gets giggle fits every time I'm forced to be serious-- but I like to feel inspired.
Obviously.

While I won't be making the move anywhere for a while (at least a year) it looks like I will be heading to good ol' SoCal at the beginning of May for a much needed vacation with my best friend. We're going to be staying in Santa Monica and doing all the cliche Hollywood tourist things ("Point me towards James Franco's house please"). Everything is basically set, but I'm just waiting to hear if I have a job lined up for the summer. If so, I will be granted a parental loan to hop on a flight to LAX. Thank the lord.
I've been to San Fran (nom) but never LA, and I have a feeling once you get me there it will be hard to get me to leave. I couldn't get enough of the people and the mood of San Francisco, where the days are colder and blanketed with fog yet everyone is still strangely happy and helpful. So, I'm hoping the mood of Southern California is even better.
I don't want to talk about it too much, because i have a fear of jinxing it. Especially because my best friend and I have a brutal tendency to plan trips that always fall through (simply because we're both so broke it's pathetic). But I have a good feeling about this one. I mean, we bought guide books...that means serious business.

I really just felt the need to post something on here tonight, since I'm so off and on. I'll probably be posting some fashion stuff this week, with the help of a friend. But as for now, quick ramblings about the not-so-exciting goings on in my life is all ya get.

No comments:

Post a Comment