Monday, February 28, 2011

the thing about the oscars (and kelly osbourne)...

Blogging about Oscar dresses seems kind of laame to me, but I became so aggressive and agitated last night that I think its appropriate.
Here are my two favourite dresses of the night--coincidentally, on two of my favourite actresses:Scarlett was in D&G and Mila was in Elie Saab. Hands down my favourite dresses of the night..probably because they're my style, and things I'd wear if I were ever invited to the Oscars (loool).

I was watching the E! pre-show, with fashion spectating by Kelly Osbourne and that big-headed girl.
When Mila and Scarlett arrived, the hosts didn't have much to say. They complimented the dresses, but when looking back a little bit later, big-headed girl made a comment about Mila's dress being "simple". And then, AND THEN, Kelly Osbourne made some crack about Scarlett's dress not being nice enough for the Oscars. Something about it being too plain, followed by a "I mean, this is the Oscars."

All right. I didn't agree with ol' Kel, but whatever. Whoo cares. Those two are the ones with the fashion reporting jobs, not me.

But now, lets discuss the dress that best actress nominee Jennifer Lawrence was wearing and the reaction it received.
Here is the dress: Calvin Klein and obviously looked so awesome. But the first thought that came to my head was "hmm, that's pretty simple."
I waited for Kelly and BHG, who had just accused the sex bombs in lace of being too simple for the Oscars, to comment on Jennifers dress. But all Kelly exclaimed was how elegant and stunning it was.

Kelly.
Okay.
Jennifer's dress rocked. But lets not be hypocrites here. I refuse to, even as a 20-year-old college student with no experience in the fashion industry, sit here and be told that Scarlett and Mila's dresses were not particularly Oscar worthy while Jennifer's Calvin Klein dress was.
JUST SAYYYINNNNNN.

Check yoself before you wreck yoself.

Annnd I'm spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment