Monday, August 30, 2010

at the bird's foot

On Saturday night a few friends and I went to the Tegan & Sara and City & Colour concert at Molson Ampitheatre. I've seen Dallas play a couple times, so I was fully prepared for an amazing concert and there was no let down there.
He played "At The Bird's Foot" for the first time at the show and I just wanted to share it. After a little bit of a monologue about what inspires his writing, he called Tegan and Sara onstage and announced they were going to play a brand new song that was about the BP oil spill ("I uh, well.. I wrote this about the BP oil spill okay"). Cutie. It's performances like this that really make me love our homegrown music--a thought which was ten times stronger when Gord Downie showed up during Dallas' encore for a little Sleeping Sickness action. A great night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment