Tuesday, August 3, 2010

teenage dream

Why hi there, new blog !

It's me. Formerly laylabojangles (lame--I can practically hear the eye rolls), I decided it was definitely time for a fresh start. Not for any important reason in particular, but simply because I've been so uninspired this hot, humid summer that I was at the point of my writer's block teetering me further and further out on the brink of insanity. Another day without any sharing of my irrelevant, irrational thoughts with the world (world=the 3 people who read my blog) and I would've fallen into a deep hole of zero creativity.

I'm quite dramatic. Get used to it if you're new here.

Anywho, starting anew has luckily perked up my inspiration, and for the first time since May I'm actually excited to write. This is funny to say, being who I am. If there's one thing I am truly passionate about in this life, it's writing...and music and fantastic clothes, but I can't sing or sew so writing comes first.
This sticky Canadian summer has kept me quite busy and distracted, to the point where a few nightly lines of scribbles in my journal have replaced daily blogging and short story writing. I can't even place my finger on why I'm so distracted from writing--I have all my nights and weekends free, and have surprisingly not been drowning myself in booze and parties this summer. But writing just hasn't been something I've felt like doing every day.

I'm back now (I'm almost positive) and am going to use this blog for everything. My last blog was mainly long posts discussing the happs in my life, but this new interweb child of mine is going to be full of music stuff, fashion stuff, AND my life stories (nom nom nom, a cornucopia of Sarah)!

Papapower, bitches.





No comments:

Post a Comment